Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today at the airport i went to the visitor platform on the 3rd floor. through the large windows i had a great view of a southwest airplane, which was just about to finish boarding and to taxi to the runway. I was tired and therefore to me time seemed to have different levels of speed. i gazed through the windows and saw the suitcases being loaded onto the aircraft. finally the 'finger' pulled back and the aircraft rolled toward the runway, slowly, ever so slowly. i could see the plane turning at the far end of the runway. it stood there for a few minutes before the engines started firing and the plane started speeding, passed my spot. And before long it took off into the orange morning sky. my eyes followed the little blue grey dot until it disappeared into the clouds. it was gone, it vanished. and the gate, right in front of me, was empty. it seemed like there had never been a plane there.I know it was there just a short while ago, but the concrete floor showed no traces of any sort. i stared through the windows and felt very uneasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment