Tuesday, November 10, 2009

my cat has fleas.
not one, not two, not many - but MILLIONS!
What a nightmare.
I schlepped her to the VET. she got a pill to kill off the monsters and 'mama cat' got a spray to kill all the fleas in the house - on rugs, beds, pillows, floors, shelves AFTER vacuum cleaning the house meticulously. But lets face it, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of all the larvae, i mean HOW? they stick to everything - including shoes, clothes and hands. and how does one vacuum and wash all the linen and rugs, etc without touching other objects at the same time - for example, the door of the washing machine?
just the thought of this endless sisyphus work drives me crazy! At least my indoor/outdoor cat does not have fleas. do i need to say that i had to schlepp her to the VET too?. do I need to mention the VET bill? Anyway, I'm so relieved that only 'fat cat' got attacked by fleas. she is not so agile and cannot jump on any elevated surface, which makes me believe (wishful thinking?) that the flea pests have not spread too much. the thought of those flea larvae everywhere drives me crazy! and why in the world does an indoor cat get fleas it the first place?
well, what does not kill you makes you stronger..or so I have heard before!

No comments:

Post a Comment