Tuesday, August 18, 2009

In the early hours morning I was so deeply asleep that the alarm clock was a real shock to my system and my heart made an extreme jump. i tried to find the snooze button, because all i wanted was to go back to sleep. immediately. the promise i made to myself last night was buried under the urge to continue sleeping.
the alarm clock rang again. the second time around my heart did not jump. but my body still felt heavy and comfortable. So I hit the snooze button again. there was a shimmer of guilt entering my consciousness and last night's promise whispered its reasoning with a whimsical voice. However, I dozed off, feeling the warm fur of my cat's belly in my right hand.
i woke up again before the alarm started a third time. i turned it off, knowing that i would most likely sleep in now and that at some point in the morning hours i would feel extremely guilty about the weakness of my will power. i listened to myself and i knew that what i heard was right, yet at the same time, i allowed myself to fall asleep again. this time i entered dreamland.. and maybe i could never wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment