Sunday, August 9, 2009

What radiates more contentedness than this cat, lying between the bee balm flowers? A perfectly relaxed body, an observant mind. Sometimes I wish i had my cats character traits. A particular one is her patience. She can look at you for the longest time, just sitting there and looking, waiting for me to get up in the morning. Sometimes however, she gently touches my cheeks. it seems to me as though she tries to wake me up, saying "hey, get up, this is our morning time, why are you still sleeping?" but most of the time, she just sits next to me and waits for me to open my eyes. this morning I fell asleep again and when i woke up she was still sleeping, too. this is very unusual for her, but it just shows how she seems to have no problem adjusting to the moment. Her presence sometimes fills me with awe. i can't help thinking that if i had her character traits i'd be a much happier and contented person. there is a lot that can be learned from her and i'm ever so grateful that she chose our house to be her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment