Thursday, July 9, 2009

every other day. today is not 'the other day'. in other words i will not go for a run. I'm very tempted to do it anyway. my last run was really enjoyable and fast. after so many weeks and months of trying to get back into shape it felt as though i finally regained a certain comfort level. and it makes me wonder now what it would take to increase the distance. right now i run between 3 and 5 miles, depending on 'the other day'. it probably requires  more effort and additional time per run, but most of all the ambition to do it. or maybe even more so the belief that I really could if i tried. do i second guess myself?maybe. Somehow the 5 mile mark seems to be the limit. the limit i chose. but why? do i apply the same limitations in other areas of my life too?  a kind of 'don't dream, be realistic' attitude that rules my behavior and sets boundaries my not second guessing them?  maybe so. so maybe breaking this rule is what it takes to go further. to say goodbye to the neat arrangements of 'then and there and how and why'.  A run is a good way to think this through....

No comments:

Post a Comment