Tuesday, July 7, 2009

living here is like living in a time capsule. 
if i look out into the fields i could certainly claim that we are living in the year 1850. i see some horses roaming in the distance. no electrical wires distract the view, the roads are not paved. the houses are old farm houses. even the train tracks fit into the picture. the 21st century is lived somewhere else. 
but this little machine on the garden table is the perfect expression of modern times. the flowers however, are timeless. so is the sound of the birds. my thoughts are wandering and i can see myself moving to an even more remote place. But when i see an airplane high above me, flying to a destination unknown to me, i just feel the urge to travel. the urge to go to other places, to see 'the new', to inhale different cultures. it might be the craving for new input, for new ideas to be seeded deep inside me - possibilities waiting to unfold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment