Friday, July 31, 2009

I couldn't sleep last night. I woke up at my 'usual' time around 2.20 am, and before the tossing and turning got too crazy I picked up a book and started reading 'the Lotus Still Blooms'. i tried to dive into the reading, to empty my mind of all other worries and thoughts, to concentrate. I wasn't too successful though. it felt like my recurrent worries were just drilling their presence deeper and deeper into my system. The cat snuggled and purred. the night was quiet and dark. whenever i closed my eyes and the torturing thought patterns returned. so i turned on the flashlight and continued reading until i came across the following sentence> all that I am is the result of all that I have thought< (Buddha). It made me smile and eventually i fell asleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment