Thursday, September 3, 2009

the work days are long. the office space is the new home. more so than any other place. for about 20 minutes I walked through the neighborhood yesterday and to my own surprise i did not remember a little side street, which took me by surprise.
i left the house early this morning. On the way to the office i came across a little coffee shop, where i sat down on one of the benches and wrote. the coffee store had two entrance doors and the coming and going of all types of people reminded me of a train station. After a while i took out my spanish book, trying to learn new words. i'm curious if i will remember any tomorrow, since i felt so very tired. But getting back to my ritual helps me to stay grounded and focused. and not only this, it actually energizes me for the rest of the day. so i will certainly make it a point to support myself, to look after myself. compassion starts with oneself I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment