Tuesday, June 9, 2009

it is raining. i can hear the rain drops on the metal roof. 5.30 am. i turn the light on in the kitchen and make coffee. the rooms in the house are dimly lit. I  feel a bit under the weather. my nose is running and my voice is almost gone. I wear a warm scarf around my neck. the rain is picking up and it's getting more intense. i can even see the rain drops bouncing off the street. if the temperatures weren't so low i would sit outside on the porch. i love the damp air. the moisture seems to nurture my skin. 
The house is very cozy when it rains. it feels like a perfect umbrella or a blanket that shields against the elements. I decided not to attend the morning meditation at the Buddhist Temple because of my cold. yet, i wish I were there now - the smell of the incense, the silence, a softly lit room and the sound of the rain. What a great backdrop for sitting and letting thoughts come and go, to calm the mind. but actually i just need to close my eyes and listen to the rain. here. right now, and let the sound surround me.

No comments:

Post a Comment