Thursday, June 18, 2009

it's raining.
again. the shrub is still sitting in it's planting pot and i have not found a new spot for it. how could I, when the clouds darken the sky and i can not even measure the hours of sun at a particular corner of the house. Even the rooms in the house are dim. I guess i have to turn on the heat - in June - a few days before summer officially starts. I'm tired of wearing big long warm scarfs, socks and jackets. A watermelon is sitting on my kitchen countertop. for me, melons are a symbol of summer. the perfect refreshment during hot days. yet i gravitate to coffee and tea, simply because i need something to warm me. 
however, i like the sound of the rain drops on the metal roof. but even this gets tiresome day after day. the flowers in the garden suffer and the cold temperatures slow down the blooming and the growth. for weeks it has not been possible to have dinner outside. the long evenings fade into darkness. the weather forecast predicts even more rainy days. I know i have to change my attitude here and accept what is -  but not without expressing my frustration first! too much water falling from the sky makes me cry. that's the truth. period.

No comments:

Post a Comment