Sunday, June 7, 2009

It was early morning. I was deep in thought when i opened the door stepped out into the garden. A rabbit was sitting in the middle of the lawn. Happily. At least according to my interpretation of his state of mind. The moment i spotted him,  he started to hop away and I was suddenly aware, that just the sight of him had put a smile on my face. the dark cloud of my thoughts had lifted and for a moment there was just the green lawn and this little rabbit. And while my gaze followed the rabbit disappearing into the field I began noticing the sound of the birds. it's amazing how loud they are in the early morning hours and it is even more so amazing that sometimes I just don't hear them. - I took my coffee pot and my book, placed the chair under the tree and sat down. the sky was already blue and the white puffy clouds started to dissolve. there was a certain feeling of innocence in the air, a sensation of a 'new' and a 'beginning' and my senses took a bath in the beauty. Slowly the worrisome thoughts returned and the scenery started to fade. The singing of the birds turned into an ambient sound and my vision became blurry. All the beauty that made me smile and filled me with joy was still around me, but I felt like I would suddenly be behind a opaque glass wall. I got up and went inside the house to get a new cup of coffee and just the simple act of moving seemed to sharpen my senses again and i could hear the birdsong again. I  decided to go for a walk. a long walk. a walk that would allow nature to restore a sense of stability within myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment