Tuesday, June 2, 2009

last night's sleep was so comforting. the pillow hugged my face, the blanket was soft and cozy.  the hours from 4.00 to 6.00 am were filled with dreams. strange things happened, but the comforting bed covers made me feel safe from all the 'oughts' in the dreams. I would love to go back to bed, back to the memory of warmth and security. these precious early morning hours. mind and body relaxed, dreaming through their own unique universe - without the notion of time. the skin is still warm, the gaze mild. the reality of the day has not yet entered. the warm coffee and the cozy grey blanket wrapped around my shoulders and neck help to hold onto the fading feeling - just for a bit longer. If i close my eyes and hold my face with my hands i can still dive back into this twilight zone between sleep and wakefulness. but here and there the first thoughts of today's tasks are waking up too. some worries and fears are replacing the soft duvet cover and the coffee gets cold. so does my skin. my mind starts arguing with the rising thoughts and i know that there is no way back into the timeless bubble of last night's comfort. I'm awake and the morning will have it's own reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment