Thursday, March 12, 2009


i woke up early this morning. the sun just started to rise.
I was sitting on my bed, the cat was happily walking over my legs, when I saw the full moon shining right into my window. it was the most beautiful view. there it was - round, white, perfectly shaped. it looked like it was sitting right at the end of the field, in the distance, on top of the dark tree line. the pale blue sky and the washed out, almost yellowish brown field framed the white ball. The silver grey of the metal roof seemed to blend with the moon light. 
i wished i had a camera next to me to capture this perfect balance of the morning view.
 
i have been in the city the last couple of days. it was grey and rainy but the city seemed  not to care, it was vibrant and alive and i enjoyed it despite the damn cold air and the rain showers.
i took the ferry to Staten Island. I have done this many times before. I enjoyed sitting on the bench and watching all the people taking photos of the statue of liberty, of themselves and then of each other. they all seemed to follow the same rhythm. first they looked at the Statue then they photographed her and then they looked at the image on the camera display. 
a motion, repeated countless times during this half hour ride. all these smiling faces at the ferry windows and i closed my eyes and dozed away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment