Thursday, March 5, 2009

My garden hose is frozen. I never bothered to detach it from the water outlet and bring it in during the the winter months. I did the same thing last year and it survived. this makes be hopeful that the hose will work again this spring. 
daylight saving time starts on Sunday, the illusion of longer evenings lies ahead. i had a good morning, this morning, after a solid eight hours sleep,  but somehow time is eating itself again.

At the end of the meditation ceremony the sensei said 'don't squander your life'. What does it mean, not to squander one's life? did i squander the life span of my garden hose by carelessly letting it freeze during the cold winter months? Or would this behavior more apply to 'don't waste life'? Anyhow. don't squander your life. - let's see. what would I do if i could? what would i do if i didn't have to be perfect? what would i do if i could not fail? - i don't think these questions are to be answered. knowledge is gained differently... . second guessing myself is the main power source for my ever so fast running life clock. and it is a true perpetuum mobile.  the never ending song in my head functions as a perfect brainwashing pill and kills the last bit of outgoing energy and self trust and encouragement. well performed. bravo.
do not squander your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment