Monday, March 16, 2009

monday

Monday. the day ahead has an emptiness to it, the feeling of endless countless hours filled with space and the slow ticking of the clock. the radiant sun has not yet thawed the morning frost, but within the next few hours the warm sun shine will be my friend on my walk. i had a weird dream last night about a Japanese friend of mine. He cashed his checks to pay for my dinner parties always after midnight on the first of each month. While i was waiting for him to call his bank to make sure the check had cleared, I spoke  with a girlfriend of mine on the phone for about 20 minutes. When i returned he and another guest yelled at me for being twenty minutes late. they felt abandoned. i tried to explain my self, by putting the 20 minutes in perspective to his awkward paying schedule, but with no result. Apparently i had been 'late' last month too, which i did not recall. I was frustrated. later in the week i was invited  by the Japanese guy to this home. We all had to sit in a tiny little room, on the bed. the only beverage he offered was a small bottle filled with strong alcohol, that tasted like water. later in the evening a friend of his said with a very loud voice how stupid i was not to know THE nick name for the term 'drug'. I felt like a little girl put in place by parents and i apologized! When he started laughing i got angry. i tried to defend myself. finally i left.  - what is Monday all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment