Monday, March 9, 2009

of course it rains. again. I'm in the city and it rains. the neighborhood cafe is comforting and i enjoy my cup of coffee here. ready to get a refill. the sky is grey and dense and the music in this place is very old fashioned, almost disturbing. to my left is a young girl. she is also writing. on her laptop. she looks like a harsh secretary. she is tense and her metal glasses don't suit her. she radiates a certain attitude, which i find disturbing. maybe it's just her glasses, the ugly black IBM computer, a cup of tea and her backpack on the floor. she picks up her cell phone and leaves voice messages, sharing them in a loud voice with the people in the cafe, talking about how sorry she is and that she just wants to say hello - some people do truly irritate me. 

the big flat screen TV is set on mute. the reporters from the CCN News room, deprived of their voices, are left with worried faces and concerned looks. I bet the news isn't good. again. 
i need to get my refill. now. - the lady to my left sighs. she is cross-eyed.
i need to go, i need to  enter into a new part of the day.
the subway jungle, the damp subway cars, the wet sidewalks. the umbrellas fighting with the wind. the hurry. the people, rushing along. there it is a again. the loud heartbeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment