Sunday, May 31, 2009

Early this morning I was sitting outside, under a very large old tree, and while I was writing it started to rain.  before i could even see the rain drops, I could hear them. thousands and thousands of tiny little water drops can create an  intense sound. the rain was strong - at least according to the sound level. I thought to myself that I should get up and run inside before the papers get soaked in the rain,  yet i was still reluctant to get up. and then it dawned  on me - very slowly - that not one of the million drops touched me. I was sitting in the perfect spot. the grass got wet, the porch, the driveway, the roof of the house, but the layers of leaves above me created a perfect umbrella. the rain picked up but still  no drop made its way through the large tree and onto my table. I continued writing. it felt protected by some sort of magic spell, shielded against the rain, the wet, the moisture, so i could continue what i was doing, while the rain clouds were traveled high above me. What a wonderful way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment