Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the grey sky lingers. the ocean is tinted a dull color. the winds are milder. the rain is still around. the beaches are empty and the temperatures are on the cold side. gloves, warm jackets, shawls. I tell myself that my powers are not strong enough to influence weather patterns. I tell myself that, regardless of the cold humid air, the sound of the ocean is still marvelous. Every day it gets harder to ignore or 'overlook' the cold and the rain. I can feel disappointment and frustration crawling into my thoughts. i feel lonely. the evening rain shuts me down. I was sitting on the wet sand banks yesterday, eyes closed, listening. this morning i hear only the rattling sound of a server. the morning coffee gets cold. Today I will walk on the beach again. regardless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment