Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'm a 'structure' girl. i love them. Structures in any possible way, in the broadest meaning. Structure in the sense of order, of function, of smooth operations...
piles of paper filed away, garden tools placed on the garage wall in a neat way, herbs in the kitchen nicely arranged, a table decorated for dinner, a house full of Christmas flair, a work station functional and clean, a suitcase well packed, a car equipped with all 'essential tools', food well stored in the fridge. i love magazine's about homes, i love furniture stores, i love accessories, i love design. i never get enough. i love structure
structures give me a sense of security, a sense of control, a sense of mastery. the way a gift is wrapped can become more important than the item itself, the clean workspace more than the work. in other words, i edit before i create. my editing is very creative. it is even unique. I'm a creative editor who loves structure. i believe in my ability to structure. it is safe and it is fun too. it is a gift to be able to edit, to organize, to structure chaos.

Recently i began longing for pure creation. for the flow of thoughts and ideas. 
i want to put the process of structuring aside - at least for a minute, an hour, an afternoon.
this safe haven will not disappear - this what I tell myself, while setting the sails.




No comments:

Post a Comment