Saturday, April 18, 2009

maybe the daffodils will finally open today. at least some of them, in front of the house, on the south side. the last few days were warm enough and the wind has calmed. Because temperatures are still in the 30's in the early morning hours, I won't know until noon. this morning I entertained the thought 'what would i do if i could not fail?' and surprisingly enough, quite a few ideas came into my mind. normally this question does quite the opposite for me. it freezes my mind and a large blank canvas is all there is after this phrase is out in the open. however, this morning i actually had some ideas.
if I really could not fail. - i guess most of the time i thought to myself  'oh, really, what bullshit is this, one of these idiotic mind games, ha. i would be president if i could not fail - and  now. see. nothing changes. because this stupid mind game is nothing but a stupid mind game. 
it takes me by surprise that it is quite something to think this thought really through, to let it enter my system, to really respond to it. what would i do if i could not fail. 
the daffodils will bloom, it's only a question of time. they cannot fail. it might take some time, it might be too cold, too rainy, too windy, too cloudy, too moist, too dry, but they will bloom. 
what would i do if i could  not fail?
the answers are like little sprouts, making their way through the soil. 
what if i could not fail? a world of ideas. but it's so easy to dismiss them by labeling them 'crazy' or 'unrealistic'. daffodils bloom. no judgment. no critical mind. 
yellow bright blossoms. at the hight of noon. what would i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment