Thursday, April 30, 2009

the temperature has dropped from the mid 80's to the high 50's. quite a difference within 24 hours or less. the flowers seem to embrace the colder air. I think they are actually waiting for some light rain. I am not. and I wish I could go back to the creek and learn Spanish, while my feet are dangling in the cooling waters. Since i started to learn this new language I begun to notice that my overall ability to memorize names and locations, places and actions is improving. and this is a real phenomena for me. i have heard a lot about brain plasticity. but to experience such an immediate impact is quite astounding. i have read that the brain is the only organ that improves over time if we continue to challenge it... . Before i picked up Spanish I was very doubtful that i could really remember new vocabulary and I felt that i might be too old to learn a new language. - how wrong was I ! I know when i go running on a regular basis that my physical condition will improve, all i need to do is run. yet the same is true for learning... it's fascinating to observe that every action performed on a regular basis improves not only that specific 'target', but it also improves the overall 'condition' . the more i run, the more energy i have. the more i meditate, the better my concentration gets. the more i learn, the more information my brain can handle. i suppose energy loves energy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment