Monday, April 6, 2009

this morning, still in bed and eyes closed, yet awake,  Spanish words were dancing behind my eye lids.
I could see some pages from my Spanish book so clearly, as though I were actually looking at the book. i remembered words i would not remember with my eyes wide open. I explain this phenomena  with the idea that my brain has taken many 'photographs' of the pages during my lesson last night.  with my eyes closed and a relaxed state of mind I can access these images, see them and read them. i remember that i repeated the word for 'guest' quite often. and now, with my mind fully awake and my eyes open the Spanish word for guest seems lost ... .....wait: el huesped. is this the word? let me look it up. Yes it is. it is the right word!. so all these words are stored somewhere in my brain. maybe it all comes down to 'how-to-access-information'. maybe I'm still thinking about the book ' a wrinkle in time', where the Cherubim tells the kids to 'kythe' - to communicate with each other, not with words, but strictly with telepathy. he shows them that all they have ever heard and seen is available to them if they allow it to come to the surface. it might very well be the truth for all of us if we could only find the key to open these memory ports.  i have a vague memory that i once read an article in which scientists claim that if we had access to all information at all times, we could not function anymore and therefore our brain controls what is important to know and to use at any given moment of the day... Really. if so, may i please have the remote control? NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment